Observing Acceleration: Uncovering the Effects of Accelerators on Impact-Oriented Entrepreneurs - Peter W. Roberts & Saurabh A. Lall (Palgrave-Macmillan).
Based on data from thousands of ventures, we study accelerator programs that target specific impact areas, challenging regions, and marginalized entrepreneurs.
Available at https://amzn.to/2VtfC0Y | https://bit.ly/2Qmxmra
- Lall, S.A., Chen, L.W., & Davidson, A. (forthcoming). "The Expat Gap: Are local-born entrepreneurs in developing countries at a disadvantage when seeking grant funding?" Public Administration Review.
- Lall, S.A. (2019) “From Legitimacy to Learning – How Impact Measurement Perceptions and Practices Evolve in Social Enterprise – Social Finance Organization Relationships” Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations.
- Lall, S. (2017). “Measuring to Improve vs. Measuring to Prove: Understanding the Adoption of Social Performance Measurement Practices in Nascent Social Enterprises.” Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations. (https://doi.org/10.1007/s11266-017-9898-1) [ResearchGate]
- Pandey, S., Lall, S., Pandey, S. K., & Ahlawat, S. (2017). The Appeal of Social Accelerators: What do Social Entrepreneurs Value?. Journal of Social Entrepreneurship, 1-22. [ResearchGate]
- Lall, S., Bowles, L., & Baird, R. (2013). Bridging the “Pioneer Gap”: The Role of Accelerators in Launching High-Impact Enterprises. innovations, 8(3-4), 105-137.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Chen, L. W., Pandey, S., & Lall, S. (2018, July). What Matters for Promoting Women Entrepreneurs: Resource Availability or Confidence?. Academy of Management Proceedings, 2018(1).
- Lall, S. (2017). “From Agents to Stewards? Social Entrepreneur-Social Finance Organization Relationships.” Academy of Management Proceedings, 2017(1).
- Lall, S. (2016). “Measuring to Improve vs. Measuring to Prove: Monitoring and Evaluation in Social Enterprise.” Academy of Management Proceedings, 2016(1).
Works in Progress (revise & resubmit or under review)
The following papers are under review or in revise and resubmit at journals like World Development, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management, and Business & Society
- “Demystifying Early-Stage Entrepreneurs’ Perceptions of Resource Needs: The Role of Resource Endowments, Overconfidence, and Gender” (with L. Chen & S. Pandey)
- "How Social Entrepreneurship Grows: The Role of Philanthropic Financing in Bridging Institutional Logics" (with J. Park)
- “Are We Accelerating Equity Investment into Impact-Oriented Ventures?” (with L. Chen & P. W. Roberts).
- "Can Institutional Supports Improve the Quality of the Volun'told'? An Analysis of Online Volunteer Mentors" (with D. Mason & L. Chen).
Reports & Other Publications
- Roberts, P., Edens, G., Davidson, A., & Lall, S. (2018). Accelerating the Flow of Funds into Early-Stage Ventures
An Initial Look at Program Differences and Design Choices. The Aspen Institute and Emory University
- Roberts, P., Lall, S., Baird, R., Eastman, E., Davidson, A., & Jacobson, A. (2016). What's Working in Startup Acceleration: Insights from Fifteen Village Capital Programs. The Aspen Institute and Emory University
- Edens, G. & Lall, S. (2014). The State of Measurement Practice in the SGB Sector. The Aspen Institute.
- Edens, G. & Lall, S. (2014). Measurement for Small and Growing Businesses. Stanford Social Innovation Review.
- McCreless, M., Fonzi, C.J., Edens, G., & Lall, S. (2014). Metrics 3.0: A New Vision for Shared Metrics. Stanford Social Innovation Review.
- The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (2013). Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Diagnostic Toolkit. The Aspen Institute.
- The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (2012). Small and Growing Businesses: Investing in the Missing Middle for Poverty Alleviation. The Aspen Institute.
- Bairiganjan, S., Cheung, R., Delio, E., Fuente, D., Lall, S., & Singh, S. (2010). Power to the People: Investing in Clean Energy for the Base of the Pyramid in India. World Resources Institute.
- Delio, E. A., Lall, S., & Singh, C. (2009). Powering up: The investment potential of energy service companies in India. World Resources Institute.